Any member who has been out of dental school less than 10 years is considered a “new dentist." There are exclusive new dentist opportunities with the ADA, MDA and GSLDS including free CE, social events and networking.
Additionally, GSLDS offers a reduced dues program for new dentists. Take advantage of this program and pay nothing your first year out of school. The next two years will each be a bit more, before the full dues amount is then owed in the third. This is one way we help new dentists get off to a good start in their career!
ADA & MDA New Dentist Resources
The MDA has compiled a New Practice Checklist, which includes important "to-do" items and resources to contact when beginning to practice. Topics include licensing regulations, infection control/OSHA, taxes, insurance and more.
American Dental Association
The ADA has a variety of resources to assist new dentists. Some of these include:
- ADA App full of features that can take your life and career to the next level.
- New Dentist News is a member resource for new dentists and dental students offering in-depth stories, news and insights.
- SmileCon Transformative learning, irresistible connections, and serious fun await you.
- Practice Resources An expertly curated collection of tools, resources and information to help you grow and manage a successful dental practice.
- New Dentist Now Blog features resources for new dentists and dental students as well as news and insight on the dental profession and beyond.
- The ADA Store offers tons of resources to get you going as a new dentist. If you don't see a discount code for savings when you visit the Store, contact the MDA and we'll request one for you.
- Various resources for new dentists which are linked from the ADA Dental Student Page.
- ADA Member Advantage Save time and money with top-quality products and services for your practice and personal life, exclusively for ADA members. One of these offerings helps you take control of student loan debt: ADA members get a special 0.25% rate discount when they refinance with Laurel Road. Get your refi rate today!
- ADA New Practice Checklist
GSLDS New Dentist Committee
The GSLDS New Dentist Committee gives a voice to new dentist members by providing recommendations on policies based on the issues and concerns you face as a new dentist.
All new dentists are encouraged to attend CE/dinner events
hosted by the GSLDS New Dentist Committee. Held periodically throughout the year, these events are a great opportunity to share your experiences and network with your local peers. Invitations are sent to all new dentist members via email. For more information, or to get involved with the Committee, please contact Susan in the Central Office at 314-569-0444 or firstname.lastname@example.org