Home office: 816-404-6904
Mobile Unit: 573-690-6003
Mary Jo Henke, DDS Coordinator
- Children and adults who have developmental disabilities or intellectual disabilities (DD/ID) as identified by the Department of Mental Health, Division of Developmental Disabilities.
- Individuals in extreme financial distress, who have found it impossible to receive dental care anywhere else, must be referred through an Exalted Ruler or the Benevolent Trust Chairman. These individuals should be given a letter of referral from the Lodge. (A limited number of appointments are available)
P.O. Box 105919
Jefferson City, MO 65110
All applications must be submitted through the DDS Coordinator
• DDS volunteers provide comprehensive treatment to eligible patients
• Volunteers do not provide emergency services
Applicants must lack adequate income to pay for dental care and:
• Have a permanent disability, or
• Are elderly: age 65 or older, or
• Qualify as medically fragile
Due to lengthy wait lists, we are ONLY accepting applications in the following counties: Cape Girardeau, Harrison, Livingston, Marion, Perry, Platte, Ray, and St.Francois
If you are a military veteran, who still meets our eligibility guidelines, you may still apply to the program even if your county is closed.
If you have documentation from a physician stating that you cannot receive essential medical treatment due to your dental condition you can apply for the program even if your county is closed.
Toll Free: 888.900.3554
Smiles Change Lives (SCL) offers families that cannot afford the full cost of braces an affordable option for obtaining treatment for their children. SCL is a nonprofit organization that matches families that cannot afford the full cost of braces with orthodontists across the country willing to provide orthodontic treatment. In order to qualify for our program, you child must meet the following program qualification.
- Be 7-21 years of age;
- Have “good” oral hygiene;
- Have a moderate to severe need for braces;
- Not be wearing braces currently;
- Family must meet the SCL financial guidelines (varies by geographic location); and
- Be willing to pay the non-refundable $30 (USD) application fee and the non-refundable $650 (USD) required financial investment (per child).
The Dental Care for Children with Special Needs Program is designed for children under 18 with one or more of the following conditions: Cerebral Palsy Muscular Dystrophy and related neuromuscular disorders Intellectual Disabilities, including Downs Syndrome for profound to 2 years overall delayed. Documentation from the child’s school licensed psychologist, or physician, may be required. Dental Care for Organ Transplant recipients pre & post.
Our mission is to reach out to those in need of dental care, who are unable to afford it. We want everyone to have beautiful smiles and through the hundreds of events that take place in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and Puerto Rico we make that happen.