The following is shared from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Service Office of Oral Health.
As a medical, dental, and public health professional you are able to help spread the word about the safety and importance of CWF. Here are simple things you can do to help spread the word.
- First, have a conversation with your patients and explain the benefits of CWF.
- Secondly, let them know you support CWF.
- Have educational materials available for your patients.
Find extensive fluoride information on the State website.
New Video Series
As part of the education process the Office of Dental Health has started the development of the new Show-Me video series. The first two videos have been completed by our office and were for community water fluoridation.
- One video focuses on information relevant for general public consumption about how fluoridation works and the benefits it provides. Watch here.
- The second video has information relevant for water operators and explains the benefits they provide to their communities and thanks them for their efforts in providing this proven public health measure. Watch here.
These videos along with all of our education materials are available for use by the general public, public health agencies, medical and dental providers, and schools. Please contact our office to obtain these materials.
Grant Funding to Repair/Replace/Install CWF Equipment
Additionally, we would like you to know that grant funding is available to your community to repair or replace aging CWF equipment or install new equipment. These funds are able to be used in a variety of ways to help communities start or improve the process of providing fluoridated water to their community. Delta Dental of Missouri provides grant funding for this effort. To date, over $77,000 has been awarded to public water systems. If you are interested in finding out more about how to start fluoridation in your community or how to improve the current fluoridation system, please call the Office of Dental Health.
The Office of Dental Health will also work with your public water department to provide technical assistance and online training for CWF employees. Water district employees can be updated on the benefits of fluoridated water, learn about new types of equipment and have questions or concerns answered.
If you would like to receive educational materials, receive technical assistance or training, if you are interested in finding out more about how to start fluoridation in your community, or how to improve the current fluoridation system, our office would love to assist you. Please call us at -573-751-5874 or visit our website at oralhealth.mo.gov.