Skip To The Main Content

GSLDS Newsroom

Patients, dentists can report to FDA issues with direct to consumer dentistry devices

Patients and dentists can report issues with medical devices to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, including any problems they have had with devices related to direct to consumer, or DTC, dental laboratory products.

The use of these products is sometimes referred to as do-it-yourself, or DIY, dentistry.

The FDA’s MedWatch voluntary reporting form can be used to inform the FDA about problems patients encounter with DTC products, such as aligners, partial dentures and snoring appliances. More general information about the FDA medical device reporting program can be found on the FDA's website