Sedation Courses for Doctors and Assistants
Sedation Review Course for Doctors
(Parenteral and Enteral permit holders)
Sedation Assistant Monitoring Course & Anesthesia Assisting Monitoring Course
(Oral Surgery Assistants)
Friday, October 1, 2021
Sponsored by The Dental Anesthesia Center
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday, October 2, 2021
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
* 3 hours optional Hands-on @ The Dental Anesthesia Center
$695.00 Doctor $475.00 Assistant 15 CERP CE hours
Beverages and snacks will be included both days
- Basic Sciences: Anatomy & Physiology of cardiovascular, circulatory, pulmonary, & central & peripheral nervous systems.
- Patient Evaluation and Preparation: Emphasis on patients with medical problems, such as cardiac, pulmonary and metabolic disease.
- Anesthetic Drugs and Techniques: Drugs used in the administration of local, oral and IV sedation, as well as other administration techniques. Review of BNDD rules.
- Monitoring: Definitions and descriptions of monitoring techniques and equipment, with an emphasis on equipment maintenance and checks.
- Emergency Procedures: Highlights of various emergency situations and appropriate treatment.
- Case reviews of actual sedation cases turned into the Missouri Dental Board for review.
- Simulated airway procedures.
Sean M. Thoms, DMD, MS, FADSA
Michael J. Hoffmann, DDS, FACD, FADSA, FAGD
Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
Diplomate, American Dental Board of Anesthesiology
Greater St. Louis Dental Society
11457 Olde Cabin Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63141