“Cementation and Ceramic Update 2019”
David S. Hornbrook, DDS
Supported, in part, by Kettenbach, 3M and Bisco
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM | 6 CE
Educational Method: Lecture
- Esthetic, monolithic ceramics and when to use what.
- Deciphering the new dentinal adhesive agents and how can we combine ease-of-use with long-term predictability.
- When to adhesively “bond” and when we can use “Luting” agents and what’s available.
- PMMA long-term provisionals and how they are used to provisionalize implant sites and help sequence Full Mouth Rehabilitations.
- Bio-stimulating cements: how and when they can and should be used.
- Achieving highly Aesthetic anterior Implant results using the “H” Abutment.
- New changes in implant designs that allow for Screw-Retained Implant crowns where traditional designs made this impossible.
- The new milling machines for ZrO2, Lithium Disilicate and resins, to yield more accurate and detailed restorations.
- Use of a computer-assisted-anesthetic delivery device to limit the amount of anesthesia used and allows for evaluation of Smile Designs with full lip mobility.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
The role of the monolithic restorations, universal adhesives, and digital, needs to be understood and implemented in every dental practice. Dr. David Hornbook has a very unique perspective of these changes in what he has coined “living on both sides of the bench.” With a practice focused on metal-free, all ceramic aesthetic based dentistry, Dr. Hornbrook understands the importance of predictability, ease of use, and long term success when deciding which restorative material and cementation option will provide the best results. His day to day interaction with ceramists and other clinicians provides him a thorough understanding of the problems both these groups face and how they are overcoming challenges and benefitting from CAD: CAM, digital wax-ups and design, and high strength, aesthetic ceramic materials.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
David Hornbrook, DDS, FAACD, FASDA, a gifted clinician and product researcher turned mentor, guides meeting participants to the realization that they too possess the ability to practice aesthetic dentistry at the very highest level. He is one of dentistry’s most famous faces and one of the pioneers of live-patient, hands-on clinical education, as the founder and past director of Pac-live and the Hornbrook Group. He has been a guest faculty member of the post-graduate programs in Cosmetic Dentistry at Baylor, Tufts, SUNY at Buffalo, UMKC, and the UCLA Center of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Dr. Hornbrook lectures internationally on all facets of aesthetic and restorative dentistry and has published articles in all of the leading dental journals. A prolific researcher and materials enthusiast, he consults with numerous manufacturers on product development and refinement. Financial relationship - Consultant: Utah Valley Dental Lab.