“Techniques for Pink and White Composites Restorations” and “Introduction to Bioclear Modern Dentistry: Exploring the Dark Side of Black Triangles and Negative Space”
Frank J. Milnar DDS, AACD
Supported, in part, by Bioclear and Shofu Dental
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM | 6 CE
Educational Method: Lecture
COURSE OBJECTIVES, MORNING:
- Learn about a new generation of bioactive materials that will address pink and white components of the smile.
- Understand the mechanics of building teeth from the inside out using a new generation of pink and white nanohybrid composites.
- Learn the proper sequence for finishing and polishing composites
COURSE OBJECTIVES, AFTERNOON:
- Learn how to choose the proper anatomic matrix and enhance the contact areas for injection molding of thermally liquefied composite
- Discover the keys to ideal, overhang free margins and a mirror finish
- Learn the art of restoratively driven papilla regeneration
- Understand the five essentials of injection molding to mitigate unfamiliar negative space
ABOUT THE COURSE:
Developing treatment strategies for MID anterior restorations can be challenging. Materials used must be easy to handle, exhibit beautiful aesthetics and have the ability to reproduce missing tooth structure or gingival tissue. During the morning portion, you will learn how to enhance your skills and gain confidence using pink and white bioactive composites that utilize minimally invasive concepts.
The afternoon will focus on esthetic dentistry, which involves harmonious integration of smile design and material selection. Recent research explains the strong desire for patients to create Pink and White Esthetics; 1/3rd of adults suffer from Black Triangles and a significant number of adult post-orthodontic cases result in Black Triangles. Cervical lesions and gingival recession represent a major problem to restore with different colored composite resin materials due to the varying adhesive properties of the tooth structure, biomechanical aspects of the cervical area, and difficulties in accessing and isolating the area to be restored. Two new treatment modalities for mitigating negative space will be explored: Injection molding of heated composite into specialized matrices to eliminate black triangles with concomitant restoratively driven papilla regeneration and pink composite therapy for esthetic root coverage and sulcus reproduction.
Both presentations culminate with a typodont demonstration and audience participation.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Learn more Frank J. Milnar DDS, AACD, here
Financial relationship - Honorarium: Shofu Products, Inc. and Biclear.