Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is charged with developing policy and setting the Society’s course through strategic and long-range planning. The Board is comprised of five officers (President, President-Elect, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, and Secretary Treasurer), the Past President, the Parliamentarian, MDA Trustee and representatives from each of the 5 districts who serve three year staggered terms. They meet eight times a year on the second Tuesday of the month, with an occasional special meeting as needed to address pressing issues. Dinner is included.
- "Serving on the Board of Directors for the Greater St. Louis Dental Society has been an honor and a privilege. As a young dentist, I feel we need to have a say in how we operate the future of our profession. We need to be able to care for our patients and run our offices as small businesses in the direction we both deserve. The Board of Directors allows me to see firsthand what decisions are needed to help guide the profession and our future in the right direction." - Dr. Christopher Guilfoy, former member, Board of Directors
The Society’s elected officers are the President, President-Elect, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, and Secretary Treasurer. They are nominated by the Leadership Development Committee and elected by the membership at the Society’s Annual Business Meeting, usually held the first morning of the Mid-Continent Dental Congress in November. With the exception of the Secretary/Treasurer which is a four year term, the terms are for one year.
- "I agreed to become a GSLDS officer because I am extremely appreciative of the livelihood my profession affords me, and I wanted to become a part of the decision making process that will continue to make dentistry a respected profession for those just beginning their careers, as well as us more seasoned ones. The time commitment involves just a few hours each month, and provides me the opportunity to oversee all of the different activities that the Dental Society is involved in. The Dental Society can't run itself (but the GSLDS staff does make it easy for us to help out.)" - Dr. Craig Hollander, 2015 President
Participating in your District Series gives you the opportunity to meet, network and build relationships with fellow professionals who share your interests and challenges. It is also your gateway to getting more involved, whether it’s serving at the District level or representing your District on the Board or a Council/Committee.
The Society is composed of five district Divisions: North, Central, West, South and Southwest. You are automatically a member of the district division you practice in. Each District has officers and all meet several times a year, providing dinner and CE.
- "When I first graduated Dental School five years ago I was encouraged by another member dentist to attend my District’s meeting. It was being held that night at a nice restaurant not too far from home, so I decided I would go and I am so thankful for that decision. Not only did I listen to a great lecture and receive some CE, but I was able to meet and talk with colleagues. The camaraderie in our profession, and particularly in our Society, is amazing and I think it stems from meetings like these. I was nominated by my District to serve on the board during a meeting later that year and it was my stepping stone to get more involved with the Society. I now look forward to our Tuesday dinner meetings to catch up with old friends, make new ones, and learn valuable information about my profession at the same time." - Dr. Danielle Riordan, 2nd Vice-President
- 2018 Joint District Series Brochure
- 2018 South County District Series Brochure